vie dans le village

Sharing of images and observations of an Australian artist now living a the South of France. Links to interesting places. Water colour is the medium of first choice with attention to colour and light. Katherine is becoming well known for her bold use of colour and strong images of village life.

Monday, March 01, 2010

Painting to your hearts content

I missed drawing and painting for a few months now, got too busy with other 'stuff'. Now that i am back and getting ready for the upcoming art tour in may 2010 http://www.frozzysretreat.com/arttours.htm I feel like me again.
It's such a wonderful way to enjoy the now. One really does have to focus on just this, just the now or......make a big mess rather than an artist creation. Even the mistakes provide wonderful learning experiences. Our current weekly group in Armidale comprises of raw beginers to the more experienced. One thing I have observed is in the begining most are very timid, afraid of making mistakes or lacking the confidence to make bold marks. Overcoming the intimidation of a white page is a huge step. On the contary I get excited by a white page, I love to have a clean sheet of beautiful quality paper to make my bold marks on. If it turns out not as I expected or is displeasing, guess what? I just get another exciting clean sheet of beautiful white paper!
My idea of a perfect holiday... lots of clean sheets of white paper, glorous scenery, interesting pockets of light and shadow, topped of by a wonderful location, great company of fellow travlers. Pure joy! Come join us at Frozzys for "Painting The Lot" art tour. We will fill 12 wonderful days with fine art, fine food, fine friends, and fabulous accomadation. We would love to meet you there. learn more www.frozzysretreat.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home